- Minchinhampton Parish is a diverse area, with one significant settlement and three smaller villages.
- There are a number of significant issues facing the whole Parish: traffic volumes, traffic speed, parking and congestion have a huge impact on many residents.
- Possible solutions to address these problems exist.
- An NDP is a suitable and recognised document in which to capture both the concerns and the possible solutions. These are recorded, even if only as aspirations.
- Wider concerns expressed by residents relate to preserving and enhancing the vibrant community, landscape and neighbourhoods, which are cherished.
- A change to any one feature or facility can and does have much wider implications.
- The provision and maintenance of a balanced housing stock is required, with more smaller houses and fewer large ones so as to meet the needs of all residents, old and young.
- Businesses and Community groups need to be heard and their concerns addressed, because without them the high quality of community which has been widely expressed will suffer.
- Finally, careful consideration has to be given to how many desirable enhancements can be funded without damage to the fabric of the community we are trying to enhance.